Covid 19 Response – Real Estate Exemption from Colorado Stay-Home Order
Real Estate Exemption for COVID-19 and Real Estate Showings
Covid 19 – Real Estate Exemption
UPDATED: 03-28-20 – UPDATED 4-6-20 UPDATED 4-9-20
At this time of quarantine we have been given additional direction for conduction of real estate safely:
This gives us latitude to conduct the essential business needed to close transactions and to cary on new business with digital and online showings. In person showings should be reserved for under contract homes at this time. Non-essential contact should be avoided. We are available for any questions you may have or further clarification at 719-900-3338 Ricki or David Chester.
THE POST BELOW IS NO LONGER CURRENT
|April 6, 2020
“CAR has been in communication with the Attorney General’s office and has learned that the Third Updated Public Health Order 20-24 that was issued in conjunction with the Stay at Home order (Executive Order D 2020 017) does not consider in-person showings and open houses to be a critical business/service.
|According to the Attorney General’s office, only real estate transactions that actually transfer real property ownership (Closings) are permissible and even they must comply with the Social Distancing Requirements set forth in the Health Order.“|
THE POST BELOW IS NO LONGER CURRENT
In Colorado, real estate professionals have been exempted from the shelter- in-place order. It was determined that maintaining the ability for people to continue with the selling and purchasing of their homes is essential. While we may continue to serve the public at this time, we have new industry recommended safety guidelines.
The National Association of Realtors recommends that we “endeavor to conduct as much work as possible remotely, and follow the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations(link is external) for preventing spread of, and exposure to, COVID-19.”
In general, all business that can be conducted remotely should be done in this manor. It is necessary to refrain from unnecessary personal contact. Open houses must be conducted by video or Virtual 3D Tour at this time. We are prepared to serve you in this capacity. We are a registered 3D Matterport service provider and currently utilize two in-house 3D virtual touring cameras. We also offer easy to access video conferencing.
We will be following the guidelines established by The National Association of Realtors and the Colorado Association of Realtors. We will also be going above these recommendations to further address the concerns of clients and home shoppers who may be in higher health risk categories.
Out of an abundance of caution during this unprecedented time of concern over the Covid 19 virus outbreak we will be implementing conditional home showing procedures.
Therefore, we will be adhering to the following showing protocol until we are comfortable that these measures are no longer necessary.
- If you, or ANYONE in your household is displaying any form of symptom of illness, regardless of severity, please reschedule your showing. (Both buyers & sellers)
- Please maintain a social distancing of approximately 10 feet from any present home occupants, or agents.
- Because we provide extremely accurate and realistic 3D Virtual Tours of all home listings, as well as detailed floor plans, it will be required that buyer’s agents forward these virtual tours and floor plans to their clients for viewing and preform a drive by of the property to confirm true interest prior to doing an in-home showing of the property. (If drive-by confirmations are not practical in certain situations, please contact us and we will speak with the seller.)
- Proof of financing (readiness) will be required for all in-person showings.
- One of our agents (or an approved agent) must be present to supervise all showings at this time.
- Please excuse our refrain from customary hand shaking and the passing of cards during this time.
- Shoe booties will be provided and required at all times.
- To minimize the risk of contact, the opening of drawers, cabinets and closet doors will be prohibited at the initial showing. While this is normally an accepted practice, during this time, access of these more personal spaces will be delayed until the inspection period. (Important areas of interest will be left open or highlighted in 3D tour.)
- We request that using of the bathroom facilities is refrained from.
- Only primary decision makers should be brought through the house during showings and no more than two persons at a time should be in the house. Children should not be brought through the home during the initial showing.
We hope that you understand our desire to guard and protect our selling clients personal spaces during the sell of their homes as well as our buyers who need to be able to shop safely. Our clients have entrusted us to use our best judgement on their behalf during this unusual time of caution. If you have any questions or special request please let us know and we will discuss your request or concerns with the client in advance.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation! Red House Mountain Realty LLC